You will be taking an exam that utilizes the Remote Proctor Now system. This system allows for you to take the exam at a convenient time of your choosing, and it will allow for the proctoring of your exam by recording the visual, audio, and desktop aspects of your exam and exam environment.
We hope you find the Remote Proctor Now system easy to use and convenient.
Important: Your first and last name must appear exactly as they do on your government-issued photo ID in order for you to gain certification.
- Prepare for your online exam.You will be taking an exam that utilizes the Remote Proctor Now system from Software Secure. This system allows for you to take your exam at a convenient time/location of your choosing. It also will proctor your exam via webcam, recording the visual, audio, and desktop aspects of your exam and your exam environment. There are several required preparations that you MUST make prior to your exam:Technology preparations:
- You will need a webcam, microphone, and a strong internet connection to take exams using the Remote Proctor Now system, as well as a MAC, running OS 10.6 or higher, or a PC, running Windows XP or higher (be sure to install any Windows Updates).
- Only Internet Explorer on a PC or Safari on a MAC can be used. If you use a different browser, you’ll be notified and asked to use a supported one.
- Adobe Flash is also required, and can be downloaded and installed from http://get2.adobe.com/flashplayer/ (Note: You can un-check any optional downloads, these are not required).
- To run a quick system check to ensure you meet all of these requirements, please go to https://4roi.remoteproctor.com.
- The lighting in the room must be bright enough so that your face and eyes can be seen throughout the duration of the exam.
- Your desk/workspace must be completely cleared of all papers, books, and reference materials. In addition, please clear the entire room (including walls and bookshelves) of any materials that could be considered reference materials. Any suspect items seen during the initial room scan by your proctor will be flagged.
*Violation of any these preparations will be flagged during your exam by the web proctor, and you may FAIL your exam, may not be eligible for a refund, and may be banned from re-taking the exam.
- Ensure you adhere to the rules during your exam.
- You MUST provide your valid government issued photo ID when requested.
- You MUST remain directly in front of your webcam for the duration of the exam.
- You MUST NOT have anyone else in the room with you for the duration of your exam.
- You MUST NOT interact or communicate with anyone by any means while testing
- You MUST NOT use any other electronic devices (phone, ipod, headphones, MP3 player, another
computer, etc.) while taking the exam.
- Reference materials (papers, pens, books, study guides, e-mails, website, etc.) MUST NOT be used while testing
- You MUST NOT use any mobile device or have any mobile device within your eyesight during the exam.
- You MUST NOT access other websites or applications on the computer while testing.
- You MUST NOT intentionally disable internet connection while testing.
*Violation of any these rules will be flagged during your exam by the web proctor, and you may FAIL
your exam, may not be eligible for a refund and may be banned from re-taking the exam.
- Sign-in to your exam.Please be sure that you are 100% ready and have the allotted time available before taking your exam.
Remote Proctor Now technical support is available by phone at 1-844-644-8251.