* Please note, due to the COVID-19 concerns many proctor locations may be temporarily closed, please consider ordering online FCC exams as an alternative to prevent any delays in obtaining your license. Online exams can be taken from home. *
Important: Before you sign up for an FCC Element Exam, you must create an FCC user profile and FRN (registration number). Click here to view a video that will walk through the process of creating the FCC user profile and FRN.
As an FCC designated Commercial Operator License Examination Manager (COLEM), iNARTE Exemplar Global administers Federal Communications Commission (FCC) licensing exams online and at over 190 locations worldwide.
NEW! FCC Licensing Exams Online — Anytime, Anywhere
Our new online examination process allows you to take any of our FCC exams from any computer (with internet access, a webcam, and a microphone) from any location at any time. This means you can take the exam from your home, workplace, or anywhere else that is convenient for you.
We also have an extensive exam center network that allows you take any of our exams at more than 190 test center locations worldwide. An additional exam proctor fee applies.
We can help you find out which FCC Commercial License you need and schedule your FCC license test.
Click a license type below to learn more about the required exams:
- Marine Radio Operator Permit
- General Radiotelephone Operator License or GROL (PG)
- GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (DO)
- GMDSS Radio Maintainer’s License (DM)
- GMDSS Radio Operator/Maintainer License (DB)
- Restricted GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (RG)
- Ship Radar Endorsement
FCC Commercial Operator License Exams: What to Expect
Before the FCC Exam
- Preparation. Study, study, study! See a list of FCC exam study guides available from Amazon.com.
- Choose your testing method:
- Online Examination. Take the exam from any properly equipped computer (see Online Examination Requirements)
- Test Center-Administered Examination. Take the exam from one of our 190 test centers globally. NOTE: Additional proctor fees apply if you choose to take the exam at a test center. The proctor fee is payable to the proctor or test center.
- Register with iNARTE.
- Pay the examination fee(s).
- Take your FCC examination.
During The FCC Exam
What happens during the exam depends on the method you choose. Please select the method below to
see examination requirements:
After the FCC Exam
You will receive your exam results after the review is completed for the exam for computer-delivered examinations either taken online or at a test center.
If you pass your exam(s), iNARTE files your FCC exam results on your behalf. Expect the FCC to issue your license within 15 business days of filing.
If you do not pass all the required exams please re-register with iNARTE. Note: you receive credit for each FCC exam element passed. For example: if you pass element 1, but not element 3, you need to retest only for element 3.
Need to take an exam again? There is no mandatory waiting period before you can re-test.