As an FCC designated Commercial Operator License Examination Manager (COLEM), iNARTE Exemplar Global administers Federal Communications Commission FCC licensing exams online and at over 190 locations worldwide.
NEW! FCC Licensing Exams Online — Anytime, Anywhere
Our new online examination process allows you to take any of our FCC exams from any computer (with broadband internet access, a webcam, and a microphone) from any location at any time. This means you can take the exam from your home, workplace, or anywhere else that is most convenient for you. Online Examination Requirements
We also have an extensive exam center network that allows you take any of our exams at more than 190 test center locations worldwide. An additional exam proctor fee applies.
We can help you find out which FCC Commercial License you need and schedule your FCC license test.
Click a license type below to learn more about the required exams:
- Marine Radio Operator Permit
- General Radiotelephone Operator License (PG)
- GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (DO)
- GMDSS Radio Maintainer’s License (DM)
- GMDSS Radio Operator/Maintainer License (DB)
- Restricted GMDSS Radio Operator’s License (RG)
- Ship Radar Endorsement
FCC Element Exam Fees
Please review choices below to ensure you make the correct exam selection as all fees once paid are nonrefundable.
(NOTE: FEES ARE NONREFUNDABLE)
|Computer Delivered Exam|
|Online Examination Fee||Fee is for an online examination using your own computer. Up to two FCC element exams may be taken. Includes remote proctor fee.
*Please note: Exams are taken together in one sitting. If you wish to separate the exams additional fees may apply.
Results may take 7-10 business days to process.
|Online Retake Examination Fee||Fee to retake an online examination for any examinations not passed. Up to two FCC element exams may be taken. Includes remote proctor fee.||$90|
|Test Center-Administered Examination Fee||Fee is for a four-hour exam appointment at one of our approved test centers. Up to two FCC element exams may be taken. NOTE: You are responsible for additional proctoring/test center fees.*||$65 Plus Proctor/Test Center Fees*|
|*Proctor/Test Center Fee||This fee is paid directly to the test center or proctor for providing the proctoring service. Exemplar Global posts these fees on the test center list. Examinees are encouraged to contact the test center or proctor directly to learn more about the proctor fee payment.|
FCC Commercial Operator License Exams: What to Expect
BEFORE THE FCC EXAM
- Preparation. Study, study, study! See a list of FCC exam study guides available from Amazon.com.
- Choose your testing method:
- Online Examination. Take the exam from any properly equipped computer (see Online Examination Requirements)
- Test Center-Administered Examination. Take the exam from one of our 190 test centers globally. NOTE: Additional proctor fees apply if you choose to take the exam at a test center. The proctor fee is payable to the proctor or test center.
- Register with iNARTE Exemplar Global
- Pay the examination fee(s).
- Take your FCC examination.
During The FCC Exam
What happens during the exam depends on the method you choose. Please select the method below to
see examination requirements:
AFTER THE FCC EXAM
You will receive your exam results after the review is completed for the exam for computer-delivered
examinations either taken online or at a test center.
If you pass your exam(s), Exemplar Global files your FCC exam results on your behalf. Expect the FCC to issue your license within 15 business days of filing.
If you do not pass all the required exams please re-register with iNARTE (Exemplar Global). Note: you receive credit for each FCC exam Element passed. For example: if you pass Element 1, but not Element 3, you need to retest only for Element 3.
Need to take an exam again? There is no mandatory waiting period before you can re-test.