How to ApplyIf you’re already an iNARTE certified EMC professional
- Go to www.inarte.org and login to your portal
- Select Current Certifications
- Select Upgrade to EMC Military Standard Specialist
- Complete the application. Also upload your current resume/cv.
- Please note: you will need to sit for the MIL-STD examination that will need to be passed at 70 percent before your application can be approved.
- Review the Requirements PDF and Code of Ethics (these can be found on this page)
- Select Apply Now and register as a new applicant
- Select Apply for Certification
- Select either EMC Engineer or Technician Military Standard Specialist
- Fill in the Application Form. Also upload your current resume/cv.
- Please note: you will need to sit for the iNARTE Electromagnetic Compatibility examination AND a MIL-STD examination that will need to be passed at 70 percent before your application can be approved.
Ongoing Certification RequirementsClick below button to download continuing professional development log to submit with your renewal. Click here to download CPD log
Code of EthicsClick here to download the iNARTE Code of Ethics
|MIL-STD EMC Technician & Engineer||Technician & Engineer|
|Exam||Passing score of 70%|
There is one part, four hours duration. All questions are multiple choice.
The exam is 50 questions, and all should be attempted.
The exam is open book, open notes and a scientific calculator is allowed.
The pass mark is 70% or above. Retake is possible after 90 days. There will be no credit for past exam scores.
Once your MIL-STD application fee is received and you are ready to take the examination, Exemplar Global will coordinate and arrange for a testing date, time, location and point of contact.
The examination is 4 hours in duration. All examinations are given open book.
Examinations are graded at the Exemplar Global principal office and the applicant will be advised of a pass/fail within 10 working days.
Passing score 70% average. Should a candidate fail the examination, a retake is permissible following a 90-day period. Examinations may be retaken any number of times; however, an examination processing fee is required each time the exam is taken.
Candidates retaking the examination must achieve a passing grade at one 4-hour session and will not be allowed to take credit for grades achieved in parts of earlier sessions.